Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting a hang of this...

I'm figuring out that what I intended to do with this blog may not be as interesting (or as fun to do) as I thought.  I'm reworking my idea of what to really do on here--maybe post more crafts, activities, and cooking, less shopping.  Considering no one really reads this at this point, I do think a bit of reconstruction will go unnoticed.  

So, I was thinking about what I really like, and figured that's what I should write about in my free time... not just clothes I find on sale (and I do apologize for that).  

My list begins:
  1. Music and Music Festivals.  Though I may not be into the most hipster-ish of jams, I do like a good beat and appreciate what is upcoming and unique.  I really want to do public relations or marketing for some group that works with music festivals, so a blab of my findings and thoughts on that may be as self-serving as it is interesting to readers.
  2. Crafts.  I like to learn how to make different things--cards, jewelry, headbands, knick-knacks, patty-wacks, whatever.  I'll work on posting what I'm learning and maybe even tutorials like I've seen many other people do, as well.  
  3. Shopping.  Look, I know I should be steering away from this, but it's still a problem, I mean passion, of mine.  It does subsequently leads me to my next interest...
  4. Thriftiness!  No, I don't mean thrift store finds; I mean easy ways to save money.  I have very little sense of money, but very big financial goals.  I can't ever find my Citizens of Humanity jeans at Goodwill, but there are some places where I should learn to skimp.  As I am still weening off of my parents, this aspect of my life is a growing process, yet a fun (and maybe even educational) journey it shall be.  
  5. Cooking and Baking.  For a while, I got really obsessed with cupcakes.  I made them all the damn time, and really never tried to make anything else.  I have all the cupcake equipment and books and liners and boxes that one could imagine.  I got a bit obsessive until this past semester when I got a little more explorative.  Considering I did have to feed myself while living away from home for the first time, I got pretty down with the basics.  What I've found about myself is that I hate going exactly by directions, I love the "eye-ball" measurements, and I like to be a little bit creative.  We'll see how this next semester goes.  
  6. Daycares?  I just got a job working twenty hours a week at a daycare.  Don't expect me not to talk about it; kids are too cute not to.

This list is definitely a developing one, as are these thoughts of mine.  Oh, and the formatting of this blog should improve... once I figure all that out.  :/  Oh, and I just ordered a cheap little digital camera, so I can post pictures of my explorations.  woohooo!
Merry Christmas.
:)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome. I mean, who doesn't like a little variety? Happy holidays, cutie!

    Myriam from Myriad of Mischief
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete