Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Shopping in the Heights

Finals are over for me, and I'm ready to get into the spirit of the season.
With Christmas around the corner and a few parties in the near future, I hit the streets to look for some good gifts, and I do believe that I have finally finished up my Christmas shopping.

Box Turtle is where I had the most the luck today, and also happens to be one of my favorite stores in Little Rock.  It is located in a beautiful three story house off of Kavanaugh in the Hillcrest area near the heavenly Damgoode Pies (which does happen to have the best pizza in Little Rock).  You walk in Box Turtle to the clean smell of organic candles and the fresh sight of sunshine lighting up beautiful kitchen ware.  On the first floor, you can find amazing (and occasionally hilarious) gifts, fun home decor, and unique jewelry.  The top floor has women's clothing from local and independent designers like Korto Momolu, previously on Project Runway.  If you make your way down to the basement (and I suggest that you do), you will find an incredible toy shop with unique toys, children's gifts, and retro candy.  As an adult, I still have a blast in this part of the shop.  And as a matter of fact, I found my white elephant gift in that area today.  Yes, this is chocolate milk mixer.  Fancy, eh?

$14

Another store I stopped by was the lovely Tulips, an adorable shop a little ways farther down Kavanaugh in the Heights and decorated in fresh, girly shades of pink--a princess's dream.  This store features trendy women's and baby clothing from brands like JuicyTulle, and my favorite, Citizen of Humanity.  I ended up finding an adorable, one-shoulder dress for 50% off (not a gift, I admit).  It had a little tear in a seam so I got an additional 10% off.  My total ended up being about $40 so I was thrilled.  I'll add a picture once I get that sewed up.  Until then, here's a picture of an adorable Juicy bag that I wouldn't be surprised if I stumbled upon at this little boutique.

$398.00

No comments:

Post a Comment