Monday, December 13, 2010

Dishes Are My Thing

I'm certain that my obsession (or problem) with dinnerware is an inherited trait.  My mother also loves dishes, and by that, I mean she gets brand new dishes every six months or so.  Want some great, gently-used dishes?  Come to one of our garage sales.  My mom is a huge fan of Pottery Barn dishes, so for her birthday she got these beauties which go great in combination with her festive Christmas plates.

$40-$159

Personally, I could decorate my apartment with anything from Anthropologie.  I love the shabby-chic style and the coziness I always feel in their stores (and I'm also ecstatic that one just opened up in Little Rock).  I love the attention to detail in their products, and really, just the frill.  I long to set my table with these lovely dishes:

$30 for set

$118 for set of six

And my favorite three tiered stand...
$158


I recently stumbled upon theclaystudio.org which is based in Philadelphia and features ceramic art and dishes.  They have artist's work for sale which is all made by hand.  While everything is gorgeous, I am a huge fan of these bowls by Pete Scherzer:
$40 each

and this mug from Meredith Host:

$40


No comments:

Post a Comment